If you are divorcing but want to be able to maintain a positive relationship with your spouse traditional divorce is not the answer. But collaborative divorce may be for the following reasons:
- It is a private, out of court process. Your finances and “dirty laundry” will not be aired in a public court room.
- You have the benefit of the collaborative team to assist you and your spouse reach an agreement.
- You and your spouse make all of the decisions, not a stranger who doesn’t know you or your family.
- Collaborative divorce is a transparent process, requiring full and accurate disclosure of all financial information.
- You and your spouse control the pace of the process, not a judge.
- You and your spouse are able to discuss your cares, concerns, interests and goals in a safe environment.
- A tailor-made parenting plan will be created for the specific needs of your family.
If you want more information about collaborative divorce, please contact one of the members of the Central Ohio Academy of Collaborative Divorce Professionals listed here https://www.winwindivorce.org/Attorney-Bio/